1/21/16

The starman


I was really shocked when I heard the tragic news on David Bowie a few days back. I really couldn't believe it and my thoughts were immediately gone almost twenty years back when I was lucky enough to see him perform live in Athens, Greece. He was leading a festival whose rest of the cast were Lou Reed (!) and Elvis Costello and I will literally never ever ever ever forget the moment he appeared on stage. Honestly, and probably due to the young of my age at that time-so don't you blame me- I didn't have great expectations of the line-up of that day. Now, and every time I have a discussion on Mr. D, I cannot but admit how completely taken I was that day by his whole "god-like" appearance/performance, a memory that's permanently stuck with me and will never fade as the years go by.. 

No comments: