1/30/11

Sunday Scones


During the weekends, there is nothing better than having the whole family gathered for a more "long-term/cosier" breakfast. That is the time when I really enjoy having fresh, home-made, hot, right from the oven bakery. It's not a long time since I first made these scones and I have to say I was really surprised it was so easy to make. Put the butter on and it will melt in seconds! 



You will need:

2 cups of flour 
2 csp baking powder 
2 csp sugar
1-2 tsp butter
1 cup of milk

Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Sift flour with baking powder, add the sugar and rub the butter with your fingers. Add milk so that you have a soft and elastic dough. Knead lightly leaving a slightly floured pastry. Spread on a floured surface and cut with round cutters diameter 5cm and 2,5cm thick. Put the scones in the pan and brush with some milk. Bake them for 15 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and jam! 

I also love to put some fresh fruit on top..



3 comments:

Alma said...

I'm gonna cook this for sure! looks delicious!

Jessica Paramartha said...

the scones looks so yummy!

great blog i love it!

http://phoskinny.blogspot.com

Kate said...

thank you so much!